A natural wordsmith and research expert, a Communications Associate’s key responsibility is assisting in building a database of 21st-century careers and mentors for the FYG platform. This candidate should have excellent writing skills, have great attention-to-detail, be self-sufficient in navigating multiple online sources for research, be comfortable interviewing mentors and transcribing interviews and be passionate about helping students realize their potential and explore career opportunities. Throughout this work, the candidate will learn how to input, upload, and manage data into a CMS platform, expand writing skills, increase speed and productivity, develop interviewing and transcribing skills, and forecast career trends to meet the demands of today’s evolving, establishing and emerging careers. This part-time role with reports to the Communications Manager.
- Research and write content for Career and Mentor Pages.
- Interview mentors and transcribe exchange.
- Upload content into the CMS platform.
- Research and pitch emerging careers and mentors.
- Manage Career and Mentor pages from ideation to completion.
- 3 years of writing experience for a digital platform or longer-form content
- Experience in researching multiple content sources and interviewing subjects
- Familiar with digital, social, and youth trends as well as leading industries and those that run them.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Available 20-30 hours/3 days per week.
- Solid understanding of content management systems and HTML a plus.
- Must be able to bring their own Wi-Fi enabled laptop to the office
- Please submit 3 writing samples