We're excited you've decided to use the Find Your Grind Curriculum. Use these steps to get started!
Engaging and instructive, the assessment is all about you: It delivers the top five Lifestyles and career videos related to you. Find out what best fits: Begin exploring different Lifestyles, and real professionals living them, along with practical lessons and advice they learned along their journey.
Your students will take this same assessment, so your ability to relate and connect with them based on your personal results will prove massively useful.
So start finding your grind, Teach!take the assessment
1. Log in, click on “Dashboard” at the top of the page, and click on + add a class. Note: Access the FYG Curriculum at any time by clicking "Curriculum Dashboard" at the top of the page.
2. Name your class, add it, and click enter
1. After clicking ‘Enter’ into your classroom, click ‘My Class’ along the left navigation menu
2. Add students, by clicking the button under the student section and entering their names, and email addresses. Note: the fastest way to add the students in your class is to connect Google Classroom to FYG.
3. Students will receive an email and will have to accept to create their FYG accounts in order to access the assignments. Note: Assignments can also be given to them through Google Classroom, but they will need to access the actual activities on Find Your Grind.
4. When you are ready to assign lessons to your students, you will click on ‘Curriculum’, pick the unit, lesson, and activity that you want to use. At the bottom of each activity there is a button to “Assign to the Class.”
Now that you've taken the Lifestyle Assessment and set up your classroom, dig into the FYG Curriculum!
Note: A 7th Unit is coming soon focusing on Finding a Financial Future
DRIVING QUESTION: How do my choices today impact my opportunities tomorrow?
DRIVING QUESTION: Where am I going and who can help me get there?
DRIVING QUESTION: How do I build a strong foundation to support my career choice?
DRIVING QUESTION: Where and how do I begin my future?
DRIVING QUESTION: Are you equipped to fight life’s battles?
DRIVING QUESTION: Are you what your Instagram says you are?
Within each Unit, you will see lessons of varying lengths. Each lesson has multiple activities within. With FYG you have the flexibility to pick and choose which units, activities, and lessons you would like to use. However, the activities that we believe are most critical for guiding a class through Find Your Grind have the ‘Recommended’ icon next to them. Many of these will connect to activities in future units.
You will notice that each activity is marked with Level I or Level II - Level I is designed for students ages 12-19. Level II is designed for students aged 16-19, and focuses on more complex ideas. You know your students best, so use what is best for them.
While you will assign everything to your students through the FYG Educator Dashboard, your students will do a lot of exploring on other parts of the FYG Site. Getting familiar with these can give you additional content to feature in your classroom and add additional discussion
Students will learn from the people who’ve been there and are doing it. With over 100 videos and articles, they will be able to match their core habits, strengths & traits with like-minded mentors and browse videos on strategies, hacks, and practical lessons from our experts to elevate their game.
Along with Mentor videos, students can explore a variety of 21st century careers. With a focus on emerging trends in business, students will get a feel for the crucial skills needed to succeed in this career, stats around pay, information about the lifestyle and work environment, and what kind of outlook this career has in terms of automation risk, growth and competition.