January 26, 2023 | Jay Stansell
We’re hiring: Customer Success Manager
Find Your Grind is growing. Join our team.
Find Your Grind helps students figure out who they are and where they want to go by flipping the script on traditional career planning and focusing on a lifestyle-first approach.
Find Your Grind’s curriculum is designed for middle school and high school and is delivered through an AI-powered approach to learning, self-discovery, and career exploration – helping students become future-ready in a rapidly evolving world.
Where you’ll be
At Find Your Grind we’re a fully remote and distributed team, and for this role, we’re looking for someone in the USA. As this role requires interaction with English-speaking end users, having a native speaker level of English will also be critical.
The Customer Success Manager needs to be creative, a visionary, and an excellent strategist. You’ll have to rely on your knowledge and understanding of the product, customer-base, and industry best practices to build long-term relationships with Find Your Grind account stakeholders.
You’ll be joining Find Your Grind in our 2nd year of in-market challenges. We’re incredibly hungry for success and in this opportunity, you’ll be working remotely to level up the success of our customers.
You’ll be taking over a portfolio of 50 Accounts previously managed by our Director of Customer Success. That means there’s enough of a process for you to have some momentum from day 1, but also the expectation that in this dedicated position, your metrics will outperform anything we’ve ever done by a long margin!
In an EdTech startup like ours, responsibilities are fluid and accountabilities are clear. For this role you’ll be clearly accountable for:
- Contributing to the overall vision and strategic plan for Customer Success, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross renewals and net retention improvements.
- Drive customer outcomes, product adoption and customer experience
- Take ownership of Customer Success Key-Performance Indicators
- Expand our revenue in accounts through new sales and up-sell opportunities
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and referenceability
- Address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
- This role is focused on post-sales and customer success management and is a technical support-related role.
- Negotiate and draft customer partnership, new and renewal agreements, ensuring all legal and financial terms are in order
- Serve as the primary point of contact for portfolio of customer inquiries and communications
- Keep abreast of industry trends and news to identify new partnership opportunities
- Attend relevant conferences and networking events to meet potential new partners and build relationships with current partners
- Work closely with other departments within the company (e.g. marketing, sales, product) to ensure customers are leveraged to their fullest potential
Assets and activities you’ll be able to leverage, including HubSpot Service and Sales CRM, Mixpanel Product Analytic Dashboards, G-Suit tools, product marketing assets, and internal reporting and account monitoring tools.
Benefits at Find Your Grind
- Vacation: Everyone starts at 15 days of Vacation. After your 3rd Anniversary adds 5 more days to your Vacation.
- Sick Leave: 6 Sick Days per year.
- Holidays: Everyone gets an additional 12 days of holidays throughout the year.
- Sabbatical: After 48 months with FYG get 4 weeks unpaid leave to explore.
- Maternity leave: After 12 months with FYG get 8 weeks paid + 8 weeks unpaid leave.
- Paternity leave: After 12 months with FYG get 6 weeks unpaid leave.
- Giving back: 1 Day per year to volunteer in your community.
Where this role sits within Find Your Grind
- CEO + President
- Director Sales Development
- Director Customer Success
- Customer Success Manager
- VP Engineering
- VP Product + Learning
The Customer Success Manager stakeholders
- CEO + President
- Find Your Grind Leaders (VPs + Directors)
- National Sales Team
Key attributes we’re looking for…
- You have incredible communication and interpersonal skills
- You are comfortable leading meetings, presentations, and being the center of attention
- You’re an educator at heart that loves impacting the lives of others
- You are a connector and leader and showcase incredible relationship building skills
- You can take ownership over your responsibilities, are a self-starter, but embraces a team-first mentality
- You have the ability to always practice empathy and patience with customers while showcasing resiliency
- You are obsessed with the success of others
- You have above average copywriting skills, grammatical correctness, and can communicate effectively through digital vehicles (i.e. email, web-chat)
- You are the most organized person you know and practice strong time-management skills
- You’re passionate about the education industry and are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to positively impact educators and students
- Mastery of both qualitative feedback and quantitative metrics
- Drive to execute at a quick pace to unlock maximum impact
- You’ve completed this challenge at least once before, and loved every second of it
You and your background
What styles work at Find Your Grind
The Find Your Grind Customer Success Manager must have the ability to work cross-functionally and be credible — a difficult trait to define but an impossible one to ignore. At Find Your Grind, we find credibility often stems from a mix of hard work and strong relationships across the organization. Put another way: people must enjoy working with Customer Success Managers. And history serves as a good guide.
A typical day at Find Your Grind as the Customer Success Manager
- 50% Customer Management and Product Support
- Web Chat
- Internal analytic tools to monitor accounts
- 20% Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly Retention, Growth, and Impact Meetings
- Daily you will be leading inspiring sessions across your portfolio of accounts to deliver positive impact, improve implementation, and provide thought-leadership to stakeholders
- These sessions provide you an opportunity to work toward retention and growth goals within Customer Success strategy
- 15% Account Onboarding
- Our sales team moves fast! Weekly you will be supporting the conversion of new customers into Find Your Grind’s customer success lifecycle process. This includes integration support, account setup and onboarding, and CRM management tasks
- 10% Support regional sales managers with product demonstrations, implementation questions, localization support (i.e. standards alignment)
- 5% Meet with internal teams to leverage partner data to improve product delivery and impact
What you’re first 90 days could look like
Your 10 days in, and…
- You’ve felt the love of the Find Your Grind family (You’ll meet our CEOs, Nick and Natasha, in our hiring process), and you’re loving the fact you can bring your whole self to work every day.
- You’ve re-established your Hubspot Sales and Service certification, giving you the confidence to get going.
- You’ve completed your Find Your Grind product onboarding as a student, identified your lifestyle matches, and have passed your summative assessments.
You’re 30 days in and…
- Your product knowledge for educators and students is advanced, and you fully see the value proposition.
- You’ve actively taken over the current day-to-day operations of Account Management, preparing and leading sessions with your portfolio of accounts
- You’ve established foundational knowledge of internal reporting and analytics and know how to leverage data to improve customer success rates.
- You’ve commenced managing internal and external stakeholders for asset creation as needed.
- You’re prepared for weekly Customer Success meetings, keeping all things moving, removing blockers, and foreseeing issues.
- Your Slack game is strong and you’re naturally contributing to our positive work-culture
You’re 60 days in and…
- You’re in complete control of your customer portfolio and understand how we measure success
- You’ve begun to think through how we can do things better along two themes, productivity and performance.
- You’ve developed your relationship with the sales team and have begun to see the alignment.
- You’re now an expert on how to retain and grow customer accounts and have incredible knowledge of all of Find Your Grind’s product offerings
You’re 90 days in and…
- You are starting to see the results of your hard work – customers are finding success, being retained, and you’ve upselled key accounts
Applying for this role
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé and a cover letter addressing why you would be amazing at delivering the outcomes we are looking for.
Expect 4 phases for applicants who are contacted to move forward:
- Phase 1, Meet and Greet
- A quick 15 min call for us both to get a feel for each other’s energy and perspectives on the world.
- Phase 2, Discover More
- A 45-minute, role-based interview, where you’ll get to find out a lot more about us, and we’ll be keen to do the same with you
- Phase 3, Case Study + Culture
- You’ll be given a case study to analyze and solve, and present back to us. After your presentation, you’ll spend time with some of our team to get a stronger feel for our culture and gain new perspectives on how team members view life at Find Your Grind.
- Phase 4, Confirmation
- This phase is designed to give us, and you, time to address any final assumptions we may have about each other before an offer may be presented.