May 16, 2022 | Jay Stansell
We’re hiring: Sales Development Representative
Find Your Grind is growing. Join our team.
Find Your Grind helps students figure out who they are and where they want to go by flipping the script on traditional career planning and focusing on a lifestyle-first approach.
Designed for middle & high school students, Find Your Grind’s curriculum is delivered through an AI-powered approach to learning, self-discovery, and career exploration – helping students become future-ready in a rapidly evolving world.
Where you’ll be
At Find Your Grind we’re a fully remote and distributed team, and for this role, we’re looking for someone in the USA. As this role requires interaction with English-speaking end users, having a native speaker level of English will also be critical.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic, and hungry Sales Development Representative to introduce schools and districts to the Find Your Grind platform. As you will be the first point of contact for these educators, you will have a hunger for turning them into excited believers eager to meet with our sales team.
You will be responsible for nurturing top-of-funnel leads you to curate through email outreach, social channels, cold calling, inbound contact forms, and marketing-generated activities, excited about scheduling time to explore how Find Your Grind will help their school or district achieve their goals. Your success is measured by the ability to qualify and set up meetings between potential clients and your Find Your Grind Account Executive partner who will take them to close.
You will relish working in a fast-paced, fun, energetic and collaborative environment alongside other Sales Development Representatives and our Account Executive team. Beyond your own team, you will find yourself collaborating on a weekly basis with multiple departments to help inform decisions and future-proof your sales game.
You are a mission-driven problem solver, a critical thinker, and a team player ready to hit the ground running. Your charm and charisma will shine through your initial introduction calls and meetings! You are an overachiever with a growth mindset who embraces change as our brand scales. If this sounds like you, then we want to talk!
Benefits at Find Your Grind
- Vacation: Everyone starts with 15 days of Vacation. After your 3rd Anniversary adds 5 more days to your Vacation.
- Sick Leave: 6 Sick Days per year.
- Holidays: Everyone gets an additional 12 days of holidays throughout the year.
- Sabbatical: After 48 months with FYG get 4 weeks unpaid leave to explore.
- Maternity leave: After 12 months with FYG get 8 weeks paid + 8 weeks unpaid leave.
- Paternity leave: After 12 months with FYG get 6 weeks unpaid leave.
- Giving back: 1 Day per year to volunteer in your community.
Where this role sits within Find Your Grind
- CEO + President
- Director of Sales
- Sales Development Representative
- Director of Sales
The Sales Development Representative customer sets:
- District Level Buyer
- School Level Buyer
- Internal – Marketing and Product teams
Key attributes we’re looking for…
- You have experience with the early stages of the sales cycle, ideally with educators and K12 decision-makers
- You know how to engage leads and present products in exciting and energizing ways
- You’re proven in actively building a pipeline of leads, through various forms of outreach (cold calls, social media, conference follow-up, email campaigns, etc)
- You have experience working in a CRM (Hubspot preferred)
- You have a growth mindset and thrive on identifying solutions to make yourself and the team stronger
You and your background
You’re not into ‘industry sales averages’ because you’re an overachiever. You’ve proven this in your 1+ years of SDR experience.
You have a proven track record of hitting your KPIs and successfully converting marketing & outbound leads into sales-qualified leads.
What styles work at Find Your Grind
The Find Your Grind Sales Development Representative must have the ability to work cross-functionally and be credible — a difficult trait to define but an impossible one to ignore. At Find Your Grind we find credibility often stems from a mix of hard work and strong relationships across the organization. Put another way: people must enjoy working with the Sales Development Representative. And history serves as a good guide.
A typical day at Find Your Grind as the Account Executive
80% Sales Development
You turn marketing leads and self-created outbound activity into sales opportunities for our Account Executives. We invest heavily into creating content to engage prospective buyers giving you a strong set of targets to pursue. Additionally, your voice matters, as part of the front-line team working with educators we want to hear about customer needs and interests, new products and service offerings to consider, and competitive activities.
10% Your Growth
We believe continued growth is important for individuals, carving out dedicated time each week to support your sales development through weekly team skill-building sessions, 1:1 coaching, and self-exploration. If growing your career is important, after demonstrating success as an SDR we want to help you transition into your next sales role at Find Your Grind
10% System Efficiencies
As a Hubspot CRM user, you will rely heavily on the data and workflows contained within. Helping maintain the system, identifying efficiency gains, and data governance best practices will help you and the team maximize effectiveness.
What you’re first 90 days could look like
You’re 30 days in, and…
- You’ve felt the love of the Find Your Grind family (You’ll meet our CEOs, Nick and Natasha, in our hiring process), and you love the fact you can bring your whole self to work every day
- You’ve completed product onboarding and started practicing your pitch
- You’ve demonstrated your sales pitch to the leadership team and proven you can answer typical high-level customer questions
- You’ve watched hours of sales call recordings and have been shadowing a sales team member in live calls
- You’ve found your way around the CRM and already your sales activities (emails and calendar events) are showing up in our weekly report
- You know the numbers you’re measured by and you’re working out ways you will own them
- You’ve picked up 20 new SQLs and you are on your way, starting to lead the sales development conversation
- You’ve now shadowed a sales team member in an additional 20 sales calls
- You love being on the team, and you’re sharing what is working and what’s not working, resulting in others learning from you as much as you are learning from them
- You’ve jumped into our weekly Pub Trivia quiz on Slack and belly-laughed at some of the answers
You’re 60 days in and…
- You know your metrics, and you’re starting to be able to predict future performance
- You’ve mastered your product knowledge and you can answer any questions as consistently as the next salesperson
- You’re reporting internally as a pro, confident in what’s being achieved, and truthful about where you feel there is uncertainty.
You’re 90 days in and…
- You’ve smashed your goals and are celebrating with the FYG crew
- You’re saying hi to the next Sales Development Representative member, as a larger portion of your time moves from sales development to closing sales
- You’re across our OKRs and working with the Find Your Grind leadership to identify next quarter’s objectives
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org, with an attached resumé, and a subject title that shows you’ve got the skills to grab attention in an inbox!