September 12, 2023
Find Your Grind Lifestyle Assessment Framework
Figuring out what career path you want to pursue is hard for anyone. Students today face even more hurdles in a society where many jobs don’t fall into neat little boxes or follow linear paths. Trying to decide if a certain career is a “good fit” is no longer sufficient when it comes to helping students plan their future.
Today’s youth need guidance and support as they work to determine what lifestyle and experiences will
bring them meaning and fulfillment throughout their lives. They need help finding opportunities,
forming relationships, and gathering information beyond basic career statistics. In order to provide this
type of support, educators need access to resources that address these specific concepts, including
effective assessment tools and dynamic curriculum materials.
Inspired by their own experiences, the team at Find Your Grind has made it their mission to assist both
educators and students to better navigate this journey of self-discovery. Tools like the Lifestyle
Assessment have been created to not only help students to better understand themselves now but
also help them to prepare for the future. Students who take the Lifestyle Assessment will:
- Determine their unique Lifestyle based on their interests and personal strengths.
- Develop greater self-awareness of their own identity through a process of self-discovery and
- Begin the journey to a greater understanding of who they are now and who they want to
“Our purpose is to help individuals discover who they are, where they’re going, and what stepsFind Your Grind
they need to take to get there.“
Knowing that implementation is the key to successful learning, Find Your Grind also offers a unique
and robust curriculum that inspires students to create the life that they want to live. Educators who
guide students through this journey will address both practical and social-emotional aspects of
personal development and career planning in a dynamic and thought-provoking way. The topics
covered in this curriculum are essential, relevant, and engaging, and include learning outcomes such
- Why it is important to engage in self-discovery and continued self-improvement
- Viewing the “career path” as a direction rather than a destination
- How to align the person they are with the person they want to become
- Purposeful career exploration through research, experiences, and connections
- Overcoming failure by using it as an opportunity to re-calibrate and reassess goals
- Responsible use of social media and digital citizenship
- Making financially responsible choices to support their desired lifestyle
Today’s youth need a new kind of guidance to achieve their goals in this changing world. Find Your
Grind has made it its mission to support educators with the tools and resources necessary to do this
effectively. Together, we can inspire students to create lives that are meaningful for them and a world
that is better for everyone.
The Lifestyle Assessment developed by Find Your Grind is a unique tool that goes beyond most
traditional personality assessments to provide information that is both useful and original. Online
quizzes and personality tests are prolific and use a variety of archetypal imagery that is repackaged for
entertainment purposes. These quizzes can be enlightening but few provide any resources that are
capable of assisting with meaningful personal development.
While many personality assessments provide labels for different “types” they often fail to provide much
beyond a description of that type with potential strengths and weaknesses. While these tools can be
helpful for self-knowledge, they often look at only a snapshot of where an individual is in the present
moment. They do not consider future potential or how it can be harnessed and developed.
Students who are preparing for careers today need more than just a list of jobs that might fit their
personality type. What they truly need is a framework that helps to guide them through a life-long
process of self-discovery. Today’s youth may have careers that don’t even exist at this time. They will
need to be prepared to meet these future changes and challenges as they appear throughout their
The Lifestyle Assessment and its corresponding curriculum have been designed with this evolutionary
approach. This system combines self-discovery with usable tools for continual personal development.
Specifically, this assessment will:
- Assist students with discovering their unique combination of traits from 16 different Lifestyles
- Help students determine how their traits can be understood and developed to create a personalized, meaningful career path
- Give teachers and students alike an idea of both strengths and opportunities for growth that can be addressed to promote growth
- Provide educators with a resource that will allow them to customize their approach as they guide students along their journey
The corresponding curriculum developed by the team at Find Your Grind provides the tools to
implement actionable growth strategies for students as they begin to navigate their career paths.
Engaging topics, reflective questions, and relevant information have been incorporated to ensure that
students are able to apply what they learn in real-world situations.
Information is useless without action and the Lifestyle Assessment and curriculum created by Find
Your Grind have been created to fill the gaps that exist within today’s personality assessment tools.
Using these resources educators will have the opportunity to provide students with a practical toolkit
to assist them on their journey of creating the lifestyle they truly want to live.